Version & Changelog
v1.0 - adopted on January 20th, 2023
It covers the following topics:
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Any other data you voluntarily upload to the Mercu product or any of our sub-processors
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register for a Mercu account
- Engage with Mercu via Intercom (a sub-processor)
- Submit a demo request via Calendly (a sub-processor)
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can provide our services to you.
Additionally, we may share your data with subprocessors that support us in providing our services. We will engage only with subprocessors whose terms of service honor similar obligations to the ones outlined in this policy.
Here is the list of relevant subprocessors:
- Cloudflare: CDN and Security
- Notion: Email & Collaboration
- Twilio: SMS and Whatsapp Integrations
- Auth0: Authentication & User Management
- Google Workspace: Business Apps & Collaboration Tools
- Stripe: Payments
- AWS Cloudwatch: Error Logging
- Freshworks: Customer Service
- Sendgrid: Emails
- Logrocket: Behavior Analytics
- Google Analytics: Web Analytics
How do we store your data?
We store your data with an outsourced cloud infrastructure provider, Amazon Web Services (AWS). The databases are located in Singapore.
We retain the collected data for the duration of your contract with us and for up to one year after contract termination.
After the retention period has ended, the Company will securely delete all client data, including backups and archives.
If the client requests deletion of their data before the end of the retention period, the Company will comply with the request in a timely manner, subject to any legal obligations.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our products
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Data Policy for Uploaded Data
Mercu provides an import service (manually from the UI, via API, via third-party bulk upload) allowing your users to upload data. The data policy here is applicable to the data uploaded by the users.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com